So Laurent Cantet is making a new version of the book FoxFire by Joyce Carol Oates.
A film version of this same book came out in 1996 starring Angelina Jolie and Jenny Shimizu.
At first, I was kind of upset at the thought of a remake since I enjoyed the original quite a bit, but after finding out that this remake shall be:
- foreign, and
- more along the lines of the original book’s story line
…I am pretty excited to see how it turns out. In the book, a few schoolgirls in 1950s New York start their own self-empowered gang after being tormented by their peers, teachers, parents, etc.
The remake is premiering in France January 2013.
You can watch the trailer here:
10 Notes/ Hide
- focusthelens likes this
- sulfur-and-salt reblogged this from projectqueer
- aidynb727 reblogged this from projectqueer
- leahsfiction reblogged this from projectqueer
- torukun1 likes this
- thescatteredlights reblogged this from projectqueer
- dreambyte said: awesome news :D
- dreambyte likes this
- projectqueer reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor and added:
- riley-ferretboy-konor posted this